Documents/obligations needed to draw up a regular contract
- A copy of your passport or identity card;
- A copy of your residence permit, if you are ex-EU;
- A copy of your codice fiscale that is an alphanumerical code for personal identification, as a Social Security Number: you can get it going to this Government Authority;
- Payment of 50% of the contract registration fee (imposta di registro), calculated on 2% of the annual rent. Other half of the fee is to be paid by the landlord;
- Registration stamps (bolli), entirely charged to the tenants.
Be careful!!! In case of the landlord choses the flat rate tax option, the tenant doesn’t have to pay neither the contract registration fee nor registrations stamps;
- Payment of deposit (cauzione, or caparra) which can vary from 1 to 3 months’ rent.